Friday, March 2, 2012

Sabbatical approved!

I was just catching on the blogs I follow, and noticed that Sue was reminiscing on what she was doing one year ago during her sabbatical.  That started connections to form to my life, since one year from now I will be on sabbatical.

I've laid out a fairly ambitious plan for the 4 month break (alas, no longer, since only one semester is allowed, and as chair I have to be back in May and will also be leading a study program abroad in May).  First, and most importantly, I need to finish the dissertation.  At a minimum, a full draft must be completed.  I look forward to the editing, but getting that draft out is troublesome, and common, as I have heard from just about everyone I know.

In March next year, I hope to report that my plan was successful.

Bis dann.

No comments: